Complete your Application online.
Please click the "paperclip" icon at the bottom of the screen to upload supplimental documents.
Payment can be made online by clicking the "$" at the bottom of the screen. Please note there is a convenience fee for online payments.
Payments can be made by check, payable to Carbon County and mailed to PO Box 466, Red Lodge, MT 59068.
SeamlessDocs makes it easy for you to complete and eSign the document from any device.
The following data, but not limited to, is REQUIRED for the review of an on-site-wastewater treatment systems for obtaining an authorization to insall a septic system in Carbon County:
1. Complete legal description – include copy of plat or COS.
2. Percolation test must be conducted in accordance with DEQ 4 when the soils are, clays, silts, and silty clays. The system will be sized based on the most conservative data when compared to soil test pit.
3. Soils Test Pit (8 ft. depth minimum) – applicant to provide description of following:
a) Depth to seasonal groundwater (may require monitoring if applicable)
b) Depth to bedrock (if applicable)
c) Soil types (in accordance with DEQ Circular 4 Appendix B)
d) SCS/NRCS soil data provided
4. Demonstrate compliance with non-degradation requirements (75-5-301 MCA) – applicant must submit the following data:
a) A copy of USGS topo map including location of property, locations of well logs for calculating hydraulic conductivity, and location of the well where nitrate sample was obtained.
b) Water Sample (Nitrate Background Analysis report)
c) Nitrate sensitivity analysis (include hydraulic conductivity and hydraulic gradient calculations)
d) Phosphorous break-out determination
5. Lot Layout Plan: Paper sizes accepted: 8½ X 11 – 11 X 17 – applicant to provide the following details:
c) North Arrow
d) Water source (type and location ie. Well, Cistern)
e) Drainfield Location (Primary Drainfield and 100% Replacement Drainfield Area)
f) Slope given for drainfied area
g) Dwelling location
h) Mixing Zone
i) Soil test pit and percolation test (if necessary) location
j) Location of any streams, ditches, and any neighboring wells
a. Wells, drainfields, and/or mixing zones within 100ft perimeter outside of boundaries shown.
k) 100-year floodplain requirements met, and floodplain and drainages shown
6. Drainfield plans and specifications designed in accordance with DEQ 4
7. Review Fee Calculation Checklist and appropriate fees with check payable to Carbon County. http://co.carbon.mt.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Carbon-County-Sanitary-Review-Fee-Calculation-Checklist.pdf